I am a North Devon, UK, based amateur (hobbyist/enthusiast) photographer, Instagrammer with over 17,000 Instagram followers on my main account (and in excess of 25,000 followers across all social media channels)..
My main passion is seascapes and landscapes, although recently I have begun doing more wedding, event and portrait photography.
I was an early adopter of the Instagram social media platform. I have been on Instagram virtually since its first inception (although I did have a two-year hiatus). Over time it has become my social media of choice and I find it is the best platform for sharing my photographic work. For me, it acts as my portfolio, my gallery, as well as a source of information, inspiration and motivation.
I have published an eBook aiming to help photographers maximise their use of Instagram. I also offer helpful Instagram tips and information via this site or through my secondary @kistogram Instagram account [follow me].
Photo recognition and competition wins
Influencer and collaborations
I also work as an influencer for brands – promoting and sharing their products via my social media feeds including Huawei, Expedia, Starburst and Adobe. Please contact me for more information or for my Media Kit
Instagram accounts @kistography, @kistography_events and @kistogram (for Instagram news, info and advice)
I am also a moderator on @loveforsomerset
Media & Website features:
- Age UK – Why photography is a great hobby for older people (Blog contribution)
- BBC Technology – Mirrorless cameras: Photography’s new decisive moment (Blog Contribution)
- Love For Somerset – An interview with Instagram influencer Kim Stone of Kistography | Somerset Stories (interview)
- Holiday Cottages UK – The 10 UK Instagram accounts you need to follow in 2018 (featured)
- Amateur Photography – Jessops to display amateur photographers’ work in free London exhibition (featured)
- North Devon Gazette – North Devon amateur photographer wins a national competition (featured)
- Culture Trip – The Best Festivals in Devon and Cornwall (featured)